- Introduction 3
- The origins and essence of XaaS 4
- Converging products and services into XaaS 7
- How manufacturers blend products and services on the path to XaaS 10
- Building subscription relationships that work in a XaaS world 13
- A practical XaaS survival guide for CXOs 17
- Outlining a technology roadmap to XaaS 21
- Final words 23
Modern digital technology is driving a fundamental change in the way businesses interact with their customers. It’s become so easy to stay connected that businesses can quickly build and develop continuous relationships with their customers. Brands are no longer selling a product or service. Technology is leading them on a journey to provide a more engaging experience – a relationship focused on continuously improving customer outcomes.
We call this XaaS (pronounced X-ass) because this digitally connected model of customer engagement, monitoring and continuous improvement was pioneered within the software industry, as Software-as-a-Service (SaaS).
Today, the ‘X’ stands for Everything. Connected digital technology has become a primary channel for customer relationships and an integral component of business-to-consumer or business-to-business product offerings alike, from razors to elevators, and from home heating to earth moving. XaaS is Everything-as-a-Service.